global prayers • redemption and liberation in the city cooperates with a number of both local and international scholars and institutions. This collaboration takes place on two levels: first, the cooperating partners are involved in discussing and evaluating the individual research projects carried out within global prayers. Furthermore, they have taken part in the project’s workshops and saloons as invited lecturers. They will also support the project at the Global Prayers Theme Days that will take place at the Haus der Kulturen der Welt in 2012.
- Prof. Dr. Asef Bayat. Professor of Sociology and Middle East Studies, University of Illinois.
- Prof. Dr. Patricia Birman. Professor of Anthropology at the Department for Social Sciences, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro.
- Prof. Dr. Filip de Boeck. Professor at the Institute for Anthropo- logical Research in Africa, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Prof. Dr. Julia Eckert. Professor at the Institute for Social Anthropology, Universität Bern.
- Prof. Dr. Alexa Färber. Professor for Urban Anthropology and Ethnography, Metropolitan Culture, HafenCity University Hamburg.
- Dr. David Garbin. Lecturer at the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research, University of Kent.
- Prof. Dr. Brian Larkin. Associate Professor at Barnard College, Columbia University, New York.
- Dr. Martijn Oosterbaan. Assistant professor at the Department of Cultural Anthropology, Universiteit Utrecht.
- Dr. Asonzeh Ukah. Assistant Professor at the Department for the History of Religions, Universität Bayreuth.